In 2017 Damanhur Education APS continued partecipating in UN side events, thanks to it’s collaboration with the Global Ecovillage Network (GEN).
Macaco Tamerice (Martina Grosse Burlage) held a speech about Human Well-being and Happiness in Community during two side events, the first one at the UN headquarters at Geneva, Switzerland, October 23 and during the COP 23 in Bonn, November 11. The speeches aimed at relating life in ecovillages to the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN and showing how many of the SDGs like:
- promote sustainable agriculture
- ensure healthy lives and well-being for all at all ages
- gender equality
- thrive to produce and use 100% of clean energy
- reduce inequality
- live in inclusive, safe and resilient settlements
- work on sustainable consumption and production patterns
- combat climate change and practice carbon withdraw
- restore ecosystems and increase biodiversity
are already implemented or in the process of being implemented in ecovillages fostering Well being and Happiness. Realizing the SDGs actually means a step toward Happiness for all.
One of the most important achievements linked to Well-being and Happiness in communities is social security. Being able to trust the other people and the environment fosters also the opportunity to develop our talents.