DAMANHUR, in partnership with GAIA EDUCATION, presents
ECOVILLAGE DESIGN EDUCATION
TRAINING FOR SUSTAINABILITY
August 4 – September 1, 2018
Gaia Education is an active member of UNESCO’s Global Action Programme on Education for Sustainable Development. The UNESCO GAP on ESD is a global effort to generate and scale up action in all levels and areas of education and learning to accelerate progress towards sustainable development.
Damanhur is a Key Partner in the implementation of the Global Action Programme on Education for Sustainable Development.
The EDE was born out of the experiences of long existing communities and cutting edge educators in order to teach how to create a new way of living which brings together the four key dimensions of sustainability: social, cultural/worldview, ecological and economic.
Spend a month in close contact with one of the world’s most successful communities: Damanhur has been a center for spiritual, artistic and social research since 1975 and is renowned throughout the world for the Temples of Humankind, an underground work of art, completely realized by hand.
GOALS OF THIS COURSE
- social tools for leadership, participatory decision making, group building, conflict solving…
- a holistic education in the four dimensions of sustainability
- exploring solutions and experiencing effective models to transform society
- experiencing a visionary community in “real life”, that has been existing and transforming for 42 years
- transmitting design and implementation skills for effective projects
- ecological knowledge and practice from permaculture, green building to renewables
- developing an artistic approach to life
- exploring the importance of spirituality and creating sacred space in building new societies
YOU WILL GAIN
- certification by Gaia Education as an EDE designer
- integrative design skills in four areas of sustainability: ecology, economy, social aspects & culture • basic tools for setting up EDE-courses in your region
- new friends, ideas, inspiration and hope!
Where is the course: Damanhur, Italy, via Pramarzo 3, 10080 Baldissero C.se (TO)
COSTS AND FUNDING POSSIBILITIES
Course fee: € 1100, Food and accommodation not included (different options available).
Reduced prices for young people up to age 25, and scholarships for people from developing countries.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
+39 348 6432318
The course will be held in English Gaia Education is a program associated with the Global Ecovillage Network
All EDE reports you will find here: